Monday, February 8, 2010

Manic Monday

This morning I woke up to miserable Monday rain. Just the way I wanted to start my week. Ok, that is all the negative I will have today. I decided yesterday to join Weight Watchers. I have a lapband but believe the philosophies of WW will be another good tool for me. I am an online member only and I will not reveal I have a lapband. I have read the abuse that WW members tend to heap on bandsters. I figure its none of their business and I am not there for any of them but for myself. I need to track my food intake and exercise. WW gives me that and believe it or not there are some with great motivation and advice there too. Anyway, so yesterday I logged every single bite I took, even the ones that came back because I ate them too fast. I got all my points in and felt great. So, maybe these 2 tools will be successful for me.

I did find one thing interesting on the WW site. There is a habit quiz they have you take when you first sign up. I took the 30+ question quiz and was surprised at the outcome. It showed that my worst habit is putting others before myself and never making time for myself. I mean I never really thought I did that but apparently I do. It gives wonderful advice on correcting this habit that won't hurt others but will help me succeed in realizing I am important too. Something to think about.

I start the Couch to 5k program today! I am very excited!!! I downloaded the podcast to my MP3 player and will be off to the gym right after work. Wish me luck!!

That's all for now....

3 comments:

  1. Woot! First follower...so glad I found you. WW is a great program, should be helpful with the LB! Very enlightening with the putting yourself first...I had to dedicate a whole year to 'getting myself heathy' and it was hard to put myself on the list! Great blog, can't wait to read more! Come take a peek at my new blog home. -BG http://bandgroupiethesweetspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am the 2nd.. HA ha BG I am doing that myself. I am basically focusing all my energy on getting healthy and figuring out my band. I am not working this year as well. Glad to join your site.. Can not wait to read your entries..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your 5k! I want to do that!

    ReplyDelete