Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Support

I was reading several others blogs last night and felt so inspired by them. It is so exciting to hear of others' journeys. One thing I have seen from all is that one of the most important things we all need is a support system. My support system for example includes friends and family who know how important this journey is and stand by me through the roller coaster of ups and downs. Without them, my journey would continue but I believe it would not be near as good as it currently is. I know that I can call my mom or sister when I am frustrated or excited and they are there for me.

While writing this I have one friend in particular who is in need of my support. She lives across the country but has always been a call or text message away for me. I am really worried about her because I received a text message from her last night that she has gained 15 pounds and feels out of control. WAIT! Why didn't she tell me she was gaining before it was up to 15 pounds? Have I not been a good friend and support? Have I been so self-engrossed that I didn't pay attention to someone in need of my support?

I sent her a message to call me ASAP because I want to be there for her through her tough time just like she has been there through all of mine. I believe an important part of our journey is to always be there for others. By being supportive of others, we in turn make ourselves stronger individuals. My grandmother describes a support system like a building. You have to have a good foundation to keep you from crumbling when outside influences try to take you down.

1 comment:

  1. I believe in support as well.. If was not for all the people who support me I would be lost.. Hope you and your friend work it out.. Sounds like a really good friendship..

    ReplyDelete