Monday, March 8, 2010

Reality strikes

I know everyone has that "Wow" moment and I had mine yesterday. My favorite person in the whole entire world is my 19 month old niece. She is the light of my life. I would rather spend a day with her than any adult. Well yesterday after church with the family, we went out to eat. At one time in my life that alone would have sent me into an anxiety attack trying to figure out what to eat but not anymore. Anyway, she was cranky and not at all interested in eating. She only wanted her Nana, that is what she calls me since she can't say Tanya. As I held all 23 pounds of her and she fell asleep she became dead weight. It was at that moment that my shoulder and arm started hurting that it dawned on me that I used to carry 3 of her around on a daily basis. WOW! How in the world did I breathe? How did I walk or move? I think these little "Wow" moments are what keep me moving forward in this journey. Without them I wonder if the same motivation would exist?

I get such excitement from the little things in life and she is one of them. I love the fact that I can now run and play with her and will continue to do so as I continue my weight loss journey. I guess my advice to everyone is this...Never think the little "Wow" moments are not important, they are. I believe they help mold us into who we are and who we want to become.

1 comment: